Applications for Summer 2013 Texas Law Fellowships are now available! The deadline to apply is March 1, 2013, by 5 p.m. One-third of all available fellowships will be awarded based on merit, while two-thirds will be based on fundraising; the total number of fellowships will depend on the amount of money raised during the Spring Pledge Drive.
TLF applications consist of seven parts:
- Your name, contact information, and year.
- Your pro bono hours. Hours will be verified by the Pro Bono Program, so make sure you’ve reported your time.
- An 80-word description of your employer and the work you will do. Think hard! Donors will see this description when donating on behalf of TLF applicants.
- An essay, between 500 and 1000 words long, about:
- your commitment to public service;
- how you plan to use your TLF Fellowship;
- the reason you selected your sponsoring agency and what you hope to gain from your time there; and
- anything else you think the selection committee should know.
- Do not put your name on your essay.
- A current resume with your name, GPA, and contact information removed.
- A letter from your sponsoring organization stating that they have a position for you, that they are unable to pay you (or the amount they plan to pay you, if less than $4,000), the name of your supervising attorney, and the type of legal work you will perform.
- Verification of your organization’s nonprofit status. Government agencies and international organizations are exempt from this requirement.
For more information about application requirements, click here.